Monday, August 10, 2009

Health Care Critics

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer are calling disruptions at a series of town hall meetings regarding health care reform "simply un-American".  Personally, having had experience trying to getting health insurance as an individual with a pre-existing condition, I know how difficult and monetarily inaccessible corporate insurance companies can be.  The amount of uncovered individuals in this FIRST world country is unacceptable.  Universal health care is long overdue and while I am a proponent of the new health care reform, I also believe that citizens have a right to speak out against our government.  I'm surprised at the Democratic party leadership for using such language.  Dissent is a VERY "American" trait- sometimes I think there is not enough dissent. 

No comments: