Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day



Four of the top five stories for today focus on the inauguration of Obama. The lone ranger of the group: Salmonella peanut butter in Little Debbie snacks.  I have fond memories of looking longingly at the Little Debbie section in the grocery store, hoping my mother would recognize the deliciousness that lie before us and buy the whole lot. Every once and a while she would give in and grab a box of Apple Flips (known as "Apple Delights" in my day)- sans peanut butter and full of artificial apple goodness.

But the thing on my mind today is the new administration.  It is truly history in the making and I am so excited to be alive to witness it. Obama embodies the same spirit of hope and forward thinking vision that MLK, Jr. worked so hard to champion 40 years ago. So, here's to progress and a childlike belief that things will indeed get better.  

No comments: