Sunday, January 11, 2009

Toyota Yo


Toyota launches plans to have an electric vehicle (EV) by 2012.  Already a leader in the hybrid market with its top selling Prius, I'm glad to see the financial down turn has not hindered their forward vision. 

I have to admit I am a little biased when it comes to the Toyota brand.  The only cars I've ever driven were Toyota Corollas- 3 total.  The first two were hand-me-downs from my father who had to drive a lot for work.  By the time I got them, they had well over 200,000 miles logged on the odometer and were still reliable as ever. The third I gave up when I moved to Boston and had no need for a car. 

I found some interesting trivia on the logo:

The current Toyota Mark consists of three ovals: the two perpendicular center ovals represent a relationship of mutual trust between the customer and Toyota.  These ovals combine to symbolize the letter "T" for Toyota.  The space in the background implies a global expansion of Toyota's technology and unlimited potential for the future.

No comments: