Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dia de los Muertos


My roommates and I are hosting a Day of Dead Party... hence the get up.  I tried really hard to finish the hanky before everyone arrived, but was unsuccessful.  I am blogging while people are enjoying festivities outside my door.

The hummingbird imagery is for my grandmother whose Chinese name is in reference to a bird. At her funeral services there was a little hummingbird hovering in the air just beyond where all her family and friends were gathered for the internment.  I noticed it from the corner of my eye and watched it suspended over the crowd for what seemed like 5 minutes but was probably only 30 seconds.  The hummingbird was most likely there because of the floral arrangements, but I like to believe it was my grandmother saying her last goodbyes.    

No comments: