Monday, September 29, 2008

Confessions

1st confession:  I've been keeping a separate journal/sketchbook for this project in conjunction with the blog.  Every morning I write down the top 5 news stories of the day from the google news feed.  I confess I ignored any sports related articles.  I've never been a rabid sports fan, but I do have a few friends that are uber-passionate about sports.  So passionate, in fact, that to be around them when they talk about the virtues of baseball or the quirky architecture of baseball stadiums across the nation, I wholeheartedly wish I possessed the same love of sport.  So this morning, when 2 out of 5 articles on the newsfeed were about baseball, I couldn't ignore them.  Though I do not choose to spend my energy following games, players stats, ect., it is an integral part of life for some people.  

2nd confession: I confess I made a mistake on yesterday's handkerchief.  In my haste to finalize a design, I added an extra "r" to the monogram element.  So, instead of embroidering "MV Faina" in reference to this:



I instead stitched into posterity, "MV Farina" in reverence to this very popular breakfast cereal:



Can you tell I was hungry when I was planning out the design?  I don't really like farina, but one of my roommates makes it all the time.  At least she will find this amusing.

I noticed my mistake last night when I posted but couldn't confess until this morning.  When can I get on Jerry Springer?


No comments: