Friday, September 26, 2008

Unfathomable

I knew from the inception of this project that the upcoming presidential election was going to be a big influence on the motifs and imagery I chose to put on the handkerchiefs.  The first presidential debate is slated for today but is possibly being postponed due to a delay in finalizing the $ 700 billion (!!!!!!!) financial bail out package.  

A big part of me feels like the inevitable collapse should just be sped up.  Let's just get it over with and start afresh, let the universe claim back what we have so irreparably damaged.  The other part of me thinks there is still hope.  I believe this hope is tied to everything I do in my daily activities.  It is connected to every little gesture I make in the living of my life.  I hope this project isn't just an act of futility.  I guess all I can do is continue with awareness and diligence and see what happens.  

No comments: