Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Bird

Woke up at 5:49am today without an ounce of grogginess.  I got up immediately to check the news to get my day started.  It has been a busy week and it is still not over.  

Many things happening in the world today.  I expected to see a story about the Phillies winning the World Series last night and instead was greeted by an anthrax scare, more financial news, more baby bottle blues, cease fire in the Congo, and bombings in the Assam region of India. 

When I read the article on the bombings, I was reminded of a time when a friend of mine once told me I could pass for Assamese.  I always thought this was a random comment but its proximity to China would make sense in terms of similarities in "ethnic features", whatever that may mean or denote.  Anyways, as a citizen of the world, I can't help but lament at this tragedy structured under the guise of a struggle for "Freedom".  Killing in the name of "Freedom".  

The  United Liberation Front of Asom are being blamed for the attack.  

No comments: