Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Heartbreaking

Every morning when I wake up, the first thing I do is turn on my computer and go to the Google news RSS feed.  I write down the 5 most current articles and extract my monogram and imagery from those stories.  Los Angeles came up on two of the top five stories this morning.  The first was about the homicide of a family from the Porter Ranch area.   The second is of the Red Sox victory over the Los Angeles Angels in the ALCS.  Losses all around for LA today.   I'm a southern California native and lived in LA proper for 5 years before moving to Boston.  Though I do not consider it home anymore, I know my connection to the region will always be strong.  I realize people are people wherever one goes.  The human condition, as personal as a family homicide or as mundane as a game defeat, is no more tragic in Los Angeles than in Boston, but something about these stories really "hit home".  
 

No comments: